Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mixed Emotions

TGIT (what, thank god it's Tuesday?) Wow, did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed??lol

Hello, let's see, ok it's Tuesday, oh yeah,I'm trying to remember today but it's pretty fuzzy?! Don't remember what time I got up, but when I did I checked on Mom and she was awake and ready to get up!! Time to put my skates on.....Did am ADLS, Mom too, then rode her to her throne (recliner). Oh, she had a headache which required a darvocet! Coke, water and oh yes, here comes G L O R I A !! Gloria arrives with a smile on her face. She's wonderful! Quick update with Gloria about Mom, then back to my house. Coffee, phone, bath/shower.... off I go.

Have errands today. Off to purchase noodles for the pool, yes, a raft and a circle thing. Problems with finding things in Kmart. Feel confused, can't seem to locate things I'm looking for. Store feel gigantic!! No one to help, of course! ( I guess I looked like Mom when I was in the store. Staring, mouth open, wheeling my cart with no place to go!) Slowly, but surely I found what I needed. I won't even tell you about the mess at check-out. Let's just say something was "on sale" and they didn't have it in the computer!! (so what else is new).

Then, went to discount pharmacy to pick-up one prescription and get another filled. (An antibiotic that the after hours doctor said I needed for my sinuses). I told them generic! Finally, I went to check out and the pres. was $62.00!! I asked them if that was the generic, they said no. I told them to keep it!!! I'm in the gap of my insurance plan. That's where I have to pay for all my medications until I've paid like $5 K !! Don't you love those Gap plans! They rob you blind! I'll just do without it!

Back home, checked on Mom (she was napping) Gloria there, took my meds (I had forgotten), ate a sandwich.
Had my FINAL phone meeting of the ESAG (Early Stage Advisory Group) of the Nat'l Alz. Assn. It was a great meeting! We had accomplished a lot in one year but it was, also, very sad! I felt a great sense of LOSS!! I was really gonna miss these wonderful people. We had worked hard, laughed and cried together. We had shared our dreams, hopes and visions. We had, also, shared our LOSSES with this disease, this demon! Yes, we had cried together too! And now, it was over! Time to pass the torch! I felt very blessed to have served with this wonderful group of people. We all hoped that WE had made a difference in the world of Alzheimer's Disease and other dementias! I think we Did!

The rest of my day was kinda wild! I can't remember all the details but let's just say I went to the gas station to put air in my raft and doughnut thing, Air costs 75 cents!!! I'm shocked, but I pay it and then, wait, what? there's no way to put the air in the mattress or donut???!!! It's just the air thing that inflates tires but it won't inflate the floater and donut!!! AHHHHH!! I'm so P O'd!!! When did things become so difficult. I just wanted to put some air in these things!! I sat, sweated like a pig, white dog in the car panting and looking at me like I'm crazy. I guess I am, He's sitting in car with the A/C on!! Ahhh! Sh.t! Sh.t! Sh.t!!!!gdsob!!!
White dog and I arrive home defeated. Well, he's just happy he took a ride, I'm defeated!! Everything I try to do just doesn't seem to work out! It all becomes so difficult!!!

Then, to top it off, I forgot to take something out to cook for dinner! I forgot, I forgot!! Thank goodness, there's left over crawfish for Mom and Dad. I'll eat later!

Dad's not feeling too well. He's snoozing in his recliner. Checked on Mom, gave her afternoon meds. They are OK! They ate.

Later, I make myself an omelet. Feed my animals. Then, take white dog for his pm walk! Man, it's really hot!! Even at 7:30pm it's still VERY hot! Simon ran outside after dinner (catting around).

It's about 9:30pm now. Just checked on Mom and Dad. They're ok and going to bed! The said they can do it alone! Ok, I'll let them.

I'm tired again. It sucks being 55 with EOAD and being tired @9:30pm most nights!

Today, I've been filled with lots of mixed emotions!!

Ain't Life Grand??!! lol.

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment