Friday, June 19, 2009

TGIF

Yes, tgif. (Although does tgif have the same meaning if you don't go work Mon - Fri ?)
Slept ok last night (thank god, just good sleep always helps). Woke up, did my usual AM ADLS, let Winston out and Simon in. Fed animals. Then, off to check on Mom.

Dad was eating breakfast and stated they had an OK night. Good. I'll get some coffee. which I did. I turned on the tv ( on low) to see some news and what is going on in this world of mine. Didn't really enjoy it so turned to some local news and to catch the weather! This Heat Wave is killing me! Heat INDEX 110 TODAY!!

I realized some time had passed and I hadn't seen or heard from Dad. Went to check, Dad was gone (he went walking in the mall, post office, pharmacy, Kmart and again forgot to tell me he was leaving) Ahhhhh! Checked on Mom. She had had an incontinence accident. Cleaned her up, did am ADLS, then, off to her throne where coke and water were provided. Am meds given successfully! Yes! Mom's not hungry. Stayed and visited a while then Dad showed up. And, then he left to go to work!

Stayed with Mom a while. Fed her breakfast (she wouldn't eat much just a half of a bowl of cereal with some milk and sugar. She didn't even eat it all). Oh well, can't sweat the small stuff! At least she ate something.

Put her on the BSC (made it - no accidents) yes. Then returned her to the recliner, put the bell at chairside and went to check my e-mails and do some Peer Volunteer work.

Later, got Mom dressed and ready for Dad to take her to get her hair done. That's right TGIF (it's hair day for Mom). She VERY seldom misses hair day. She has to either be close to death or in the hospital to miss. Off she and Dad went!!

Great. some time for me. Bathed/showered. Went to a place to look at coffee tables because the one I have it pretty big and the apartment I'm moving to is very small, so I need to find a smaller coffee table. No luck of course unless I want to spend a small fortune. Which I do not. Oh well.

Later, I played my Nintendo DS Brain Age game. Watched a little TV. A kind of boring afternoon. I actually laid on the sofa for a while.

Later, fed Mom and Dad. They watched their usual Netflix. I came home to feed my animals and eat. Took white dog for a walk (wow, still a scorcher outside). Then, settled in for the night. Watched a dvd "Emma" with G. Paltrow which I enjoyed.

Went back on the AD Message Boards to check on things for a while.

It's now about 10:45pm and I'm beat! I'll say goodnight. Pleasant Dreams.


Peace.

LCC

No comments:

Post a Comment