Monday, June 15, 2009

"Mon -day, Mon-day"

Yep, It's Monday (remember when the Mama's & the Papa's sang "Mon-day, Mon-day?" ) Wow, life was so much easier then, huh?
I'm migraine free today!! Yea!!!

Today started out not so good. I woke up with a hang-over headache well, not a real hang-over headache but that's what I call my headache after I've had a cluster of migraines. It's no longer a migraine, just a hangover headache!
Anyway, I woke up. (I guess that's a pretty good start). Let my animals out (white dog - Winston) only as Simon (Orange tabby) had spent the night out again. Went to check on Mom and Dad. They were up (I think) but Dad was upset because Mom had already had an incontinence episode and had spilled her Coke all over the rug!! (OMG) Dad was ready to burst out the door! I told him to go take his walk and go to the post office and I would handle things. (Par for the course. Dad can only handle so much. I guess, we all have our breaking points).
Checked on Mom in recliner (she's OK), cleaned rug, started laundry. Check!

Really need coffee! Made coffee, re-checked Mom. Gave Mom breakfast and AM meds. Check.

Spoke with my daughter and my sister. Things are OK in the ATL and NJ! Good!

What, still NO migraine! yes! Just hangover headache, I can live with that!

Dad came home for lunch. I had a bath/shower and dashed to the grocery. Gosh, it was soooo hot outside I couldn't believe it. Only mid June and already heat index is in the 100's!! Wow, It's going to be a long, hot summer! And, often, that means hurricanes!! PLease, no hurricanes this year!

Schlept ( love the word schlept) actually don't even know how to spell it) my groceries into the house, sweating like a pig! ( White dog acted like I had been gone a month.). Put groceries away. Checked on Mom and Dad. Mom was in bed sleeping, Dad was ready to return to the office. Off he went!!!

Finished laundry. Watched part of "International Velvet" on TCM. God, Liz Taylor was a beautiful child! Got Mom up. Cooked Crawfish Monica for dinner with salads. Fed Mom, Dad and me.

Cleaned dishes, Fed and walked white dog. Called Simon in and fed him. Went on AD Message Boards to see if everyone was ok or if anyone needed help. All seems ok.

Not a bad day as days go. Tomorrow I will have my last Early Stage Advisory Group Meeting. It makes me sad to think that I won't be part of that board anymore. But. I'm, also, proud of having served on that board for the last year. We've accomplished some really good things. Updating the 10 Warning Signs for AD, Wrote Principles for a Dignified Diagnosis, Still working on abolishing the 2 year waiting period for medicare disability, and started a lot of new Educational Training especially with Early Diagnosis and Treatment. So much more work to do! Well, I guess I'll have to leave that for the next board.

But, that doesn't mean I've given up volunteering! Oh no, I've still got a lot of things to do!

I'm tired. My brain is tired. I think I go bring Mom some orange sherbet for desert. It's a surprise. (Hope she'll eat it!)

This white dog of mine just jumped up on the arm of the sofa to give me some love and a kiss. How did he know just what I needed??

Sleep well.

LCC

1 comment:

  1. Hi LCC,

    Wow, you have done heaps, serving on the board and all that was accomplished.

    And yayayyayay the migraine has subsided, terrific news.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete