Saturday, June 27, 2009

"I can't think of a name to call this!"

Hi, it's late already, it's 10:20pm and I'm so very tired. I'll try to back track today.

Set my alarm for 7:25am as I had a 9:00am manicure appointment. Got up, did AM adls, let white dog and orange cat out then went to check on Mom and Dad. They were still sleeping! Yes! Oh, orange cat's leg is healing well!! yes!

Made some cafe au lait and just sat for a few minutes. Wow, it was great to get up and not have to rush around and do things right away. Received a call from my friend Julie stating she was about an hour away. (Wow, I forgot see was coming). Julie is an old friend from here that moved to Texas after Katrina. I told her to be safe and just come on. (I'm glad she called to remind me).

Got ready to go get manicure but Mom and Dad woke up. Helped get Mom to her recliner and Dad took over. Enjoyed getting a manicure. It had been a while. Since I'm helping to man the AD booth tomorrow and to speak, I wanted my nails to look nice. Got that done and returned home.

Julie was there (on Mom and Dad's side) laying on the sofa half asleep. She left Texas early AM and was tired. I sat and chatted with Mom and Jules then my phone rang. Went next door to answer the phone and to check on my animals. After 2 phone calls, I returned to Mom's. Julie was sleeping on the couch and Mom was in bed! I don't know where Dad was! Ok, things are calm, this is good.

Went back to my house, opened my computer, went to the AD Message Boards to read, help and post! Then, checked my e-mail. All of a sudden I got sooooo sleepy. I closed my computer and laid down on the sofa and feel asleep!!

Later, Julie, Mom, Dad and I watched the movie "Grease." It's a good older movie which we all enjoyed. Later Julie and I went to pick-up seafood dinner for Mom and Dad (they didn't want to go out). Fried Soft shell crab for Dad and Fried Shrimp po boy for Mom. Came back and set them up with dinner. Then, Julie & I went out to eat! We went to a seafood place, Julie had a fried seafood platter, I had a grilled shrimp salad with fired onion rings! It was de-lish-ous!!

Came home. Fed animals. Walked Winston. Julie was tired and went to bed.
I went online to the AD Message Boards to check on things and do my Peer Volunteer work! Then, I took my PM meds.

Mom and Dad went to bed! They did fine! Yes!

I think I am going to bed now. I would like to stay up and watch Morgas on tv but I think I'm just too tired!!

I wish you peace and good sleep.

Goodnight.
LCC

3 comments:

  1. I was expecting "Organized Chaos" but found "A Great Day". It could be "Better Than Expected".
    When someone asks me how I am I answer, "Better than expected" some times. If they say something along the line of "pretty good?" my reply is "no, I just lowered my expectations."

    Sweet dreams and may tomorrow be much better than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    You are always inspirational! Thamks.
    LCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    We only have so much time in this life and I believe it is the little things we do that make a difference in someones life. If we can't share the pain then we can't share the joy when all is well. You do an excellent job in sharing pain and joy with the folks on the forum. I may be over 65 but I am still learning to be more compassionate with others. Practice,practice, practice. Some day I might just figure it all out.

    You have a great day and may all the hills you climb be little ones.

    john
    idahostevens.com

    ReplyDelete